Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Applicability of SSP to subdomains

2006-12-08 14:12:08
Jim,

I'm not sure I fully understand the threat. If an attacker is attacking from mail.example.com, then mail.example.com must have been delegated to first in example.com. Otherwise, there would be no lookup for an SSP record in mail.example.com, right?

I had thought the concern was the wildcard concern about how much trust is afforded between superior and inferior domains. In that case, I answer, "you pays your money you takes your chances". Don't like a particular superior? Find another. If you can't for policy reasons, then that's not a technical problem.

What do I have wrong?

Eliot