Re: [ietf-dkim] the usual list nonsense, was suspicious and SUSPICIOUS

2007-10-03 16:42:38
Suppose, for example, that a submission to the list has been forged
in the name of a regular contributor - so it may not be obvious that
it is a forgery, and indeed there may be discussion on-list
concerning its provenance.

I've been using mailing lists for upwards of 30 years, and I can think
of perhaps two occasions when one list member forged a message from
another.  This does not impress me as a problem that we need to solve.

You cannot assume that list managers will necessarily be checking
DKIM signatures.

True, but you also cannot assume that you know better than list
managers how to run their lists.  There are all sorts of techniques
that list managers use now to control the flow of messages into their
lists, none of which will go away when DKIM arrives.

R's,
John