Re: [ietf-dkim] yet more of the usual list nonsense, was suspicious

2007-10-11 13:46:24
It is quite common, in some of the chattier Usenet Newsgroups, for trolls
to forge postings in the name of other regular contributors (you see it
less in the more technical groups). And remember that Newsgroups are often
gatewayed into mailing lists.

Well, if we assume that we can wave our wand and assume that there are
DKIM signatures on usenet messages, which seems unlikely anytime soon,
they wouldn't survive a gateway to e-mail anyway since the headers,
although similar, are not identical.

A DKIM based filter could work at the gateway, in either direction.
That would be a swell place to check signatures.

I am sure there must be mailing lists out there established for more
social purposes, and in which such trolls will inevitably be found.

Nobody has ever seen such a list.  If you have actual examples to
contribute, we'd be most interested to hear about them.

R's,
John