Re: [ietf-dkim] The (really) latest SSP draft

2007-10-24 05:47:40
On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 03:48:36AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
It would be very useful. Think

d=bigmarketingcompany.com
i=(_at_)brandA(_dot_)bigmarketingcompany(_dot_)com

d=bigmarketingcompany.com
i=(_at_)brandB(_dot_)bigmarketingcompany(_dot_)com

Useful to whom?  I have little interest as a mail receiver sorting out
an ESP's different campaigns, and I suspect I'm not alone.  (This was
the same fallacy that was behind the failed Project Lumos.)

You're welcome to put whatever tracking stuff you want into your mail,
but I'm going to maintain one reputation for you regardless of the
stuff.

That is an interesting view. I can accomplish the same by using
sub-domains in d= instead. Are you simpy going to strip
sub-domains from d= too?

It is interesting that receivers (Hotmail/AOL/Yahoo) suggest to senders
to separate their different type of mail streams
(transactional,marketing,etc) by using IPs. The same can be
accomplished with DKIM and i=.

I also hadn't realized that DKIM was strictly meant to benefit
receivers.

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Director of Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com