Re: [ietf-dkim] The (really) latest SSP draft

2007-10-23 16:19:06
Charles Lindsey wrote:
But, to go further, if the signer goes to the trouble of including an
"i=" (which he is not obliged to do), then surely recipients are
entitled to assume he did so for some good reason. So if he said
i=subdomain.example.com, then surely the From/Sender can be expected
to be from that subdomain; and if he said i=someone(_at_)example(_dot_)com,
then
surely recipients can assume that 'someone' had indeed played some
part in sending it.

In addition to the points made by others, I'd like to point out that
there are no semantics associated with the presence or absence of the i=
parameter.  There is always a signing identity; if d=example.com and the
signing identity happens to be @example.com, then the i= parameter may
be omitted.

We're straying quite a bit from the SSP topic.  I'd still like to get
actual feedback on that draft.

-Jim