Re: [ietf-dkim] The (really) latest SSP draft

2007-10-24 08:39:35
On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:23:39AM -0400, John L wrote:
d=bigmarketingcompany.com
i=(_at_)brandA(_dot_)bigmarketingcompany(_dot_)com

d=bigmarketingcompany.com
i=(_at_)brandB(_dot_)bigmarketingcompany(_dot_)com

That is an interesting view. I can accomplish the same by using
sub-domains in d= instead. Are you simpy going to strip
sub-domains from d= too?

Honestly, I'll do whatever seems easiest in my goal to deliver the mail my
users want, which may or may not be the mail you think they want.  The best
thing for senders to do, as you note below, is to divide up the mail stream
in ways that make life easier for receivers.

It is interesting that receivers (Hotmail/AOL/Yahoo) suggest to senders
to separate their different type of mail streams
(transactional,marketing,etc) by using IPs. The same can be
accomplished with DKIM and i=.

Indeed, since that makes it easier to handle the ads their users don't care
about differently from the transactions they want.  But I can't help but
note that your example above was different clients, not different
categories.

Ah, I see the disconnect. bigmarketingcompany is not the same as ESP.
Here's a better example:

d=mattel.com
i=(_at_)barbie(_dot_)mattel(_dot_)com

d=mattel.com
i=(_at_)fisher-price(_dot_)mattel(_dot_)com

d=mattel.com
i=(_at_)hotwheels(_dot_)mattel(_dot_)com

d=mattel.com
i=(_at_)american-girl(_dot_)mattel(_dot_)com

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Director of Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com