Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: t=y

2007-11-09 09:15:17
Dave Crocker wrote:

Bill(_dot_)Oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com wrote:
A better question is how many domains will move signing into production
without the testing flag, then fix the inevitable issues.

Given that most protocols do not have a 'testing' flag -- and they manage to move into production quite nicely -- a different question might be why such a flag is needed...

Good question Dave.

My input that is ok to have it but only as a "advertise" that the domain is testing for possibly for logging or reporting.

My recommendation is that the verifier should continue to treat the DKIM transaction following the other DKIM/SSP recommendations. Essentially, the verifier SHOULD ignore t=y for any kind of decision making process. It should not become FAIL-SAFE option without limits.

I think the exception is some pre-arrange whitelisting concept or domain to domain arrangement where the verifier is well aware of the domain testing and will not negatively flag a failed t=y for this domain.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com