Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: Limit the application of SSP to unsigned messages

2007-12-10 10:54:25

Michael Thomas wrote:
Dave Crocker wrote:
I have looked for this thread and do have a recollection of the subject line, but am not finding it.

Please provide an archive url to it.

The title was "Making SSP useless in one short step". It was no more
than a week ago.

Well, in spite of having noted that I couldn't find it and your not providing a url, I did manage to track it down.

Now I am concerned that you are not receiving all of the mailing list postings, since I see at least 3 postings from me, in that thread.

In particular, please note the one with a 12/5/07 12:54pm date, since it seeks to provide a detailed response and you seem to have missed it.

For reference, I suspect the core issue in your saying something like "utterly defeated" is that it needs a technical statement that defines "defeat" in terms that are specific to this mechanism. For example, what are the attacks and why are they a) important, and b) unique to this issue?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking