[ietf-dkim] Re: NEW ISSUE: Limit the application of SSP to unsignedmessages

2007-12-10 11:32:30
Scott Kitterman wrote:

I have neither the time nor the energy to sort through all the
chaff to see if or what bits of wheat are there.

Then just don't, e.g. I think that he never reads what I write ;-)

To the extent I understand his flurry of comments I think they
are largely based on a lack of recollection of what the WG has
been through already or a fundamental misunderstanding of SSP.

As author of 822 and email-arch he knows the difference between
"sender", "author", and "originator", no matter how many folks,
WG or otherwise, wish to redefine the terms outside of 2822upd.

Admittedly it's disturbing that Dave, JohnL, Pete, and JohnK
can come up with three strictly incompatible visions what an
existing or lacking Sender header means for a mailing list :-(

 Frank