[ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: deprecate t=testing

2007-12-11 13:35:23
Hopefully not adding to the noise, but I've seen about 5 people +1
my suggestion that t=testing should go.

        Mike

Jon Callas wrote:

On Dec 10, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:

Frank Ellermann wrote:
Michael Thomas wrote:

Part of the problem is that "softfail" and "hardfail" don't make
much intuitive sense.

For SPF (and Sender ID) a SOFTFAIL is what SSP has as t-flag, and
an Authentication-Results: hardfail is just a FAIL (for SPF etc.).

For receivers accepting "hardfail", not exactly the ideal course,
but receivers are free to shoot into their own foot.  Aim higher.

Well, FWIW, I don't think that t=testing is at all helpful either. What, for example, does p=strict, t=testing mean? It seems like a silly- state to me and ripe for confusion. It's that sort of subjective state that we
should both learn from SPF and avoid.

+1