Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1530 - replace use of term "suspicious"

2007-12-16 22:43:12

Michael Thomas wrote:
How about something like "SSP Exception"? Metaphorically, it works well with the programming use of the word exception.

In the hope of trying to close some of the "easy" Issues, would folks comment on this specific proposal, or otherwise post comments seeking closure of the Issue?
My suggestion is to just to take the exception/violation reason. For
example, "all-exception", "strict-exception", "nxdomain-exception"
and the like. A single word even if it's value-neutral gives the wrong
impression that all exceptions/violations/suspicion should be given
the same weight. Just saying what it is that went wrong doesn't
do that.

The current issue was to replace one term with another. That's a simple string substitution.

It appears that you are raising different issue, namely to replace one term with multiple terms.

While I do see that you used 'exception' as the base term, I think you're raising a bigger -- in other words, somewhat different -- issue than I had intended.

At the least, your change would require more re-working of how things are
phrased.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker