Re: [ietf-dkim] Accidental versus malicous error

2007-12-20 18:39:40
Douglas Otis wrote:

Only that you want resources wasted on invalid DKIM signatures?

Who said that? I would appreciate you stop making up stuff and blurting it out as if that is what I said.

TPA-SSP was to permit a safe and reasonable means to "authorize" other domains.

We are not talking about TPA here.

    [X] Promote Bad Signatures to No Signatures (default)
        [X] For ALL and STRICT policies only.

You mean demote bad signatures.

No. I said promote. BAD to NONE is a promotion. Not a demotion.

Please stop twisting what I said.

Under the default SSP policy (UNKNOWN or OPTIONAL signing), a bad signature promotion to NONE will validate the message as it never occurred. The same will occur when a domain has a ALL|STRICT policy but the verifier does not support SSP. Of course, opinion may vary, to me, I stand by the idea that is not a demotion of state, but rather a promotion.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com