Re: [ietf-dkim] Issues 1525/1426 (was Re: Restriction to posting by first Author breaks email semantics)

2007-12-22 14:19:44
Dave Crocker wrote:

Eliot Lear wrote:
On the other hand, one could argue that this could be used as a form of
attack - that I Mr. Spammer insert a From line, a Sender line AND a
signature, with my main objective being to get mail in as some OTHER
From (like a bank or Ebay), knowing that a particular UI is only going
to represent (first|last) From.

This presumes that user interface issues are relevant to SSP.
They aren't. Or, rather, they shouldn't be.

+1.

Or rather, if they are, we need to see the empirical basis
> for making these choices.

We aren't in a position to make security-related design decisions
> for user interfaces.

+1,

We should only make sure we are consistent with the framework and/or make sure there is isn't a dependency or create new ones that relies on things that may be unfeasible to mandate.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com