Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE 1525 -- Restriction to posting by first Author breaks email semantics

2008-01-17 15:11:58
Dave Crocker wrote:

Jim Fenton wrote:
If the Sender: is the same as one of the From: addresses, why does it matter that the semantics is different?

If it is, that's fine, but it doesn't have to be, and we need to handle that case too.

That's what Arvel proposed, Jim:

Yes, but suppose that the Sender header were used only when the domain
found therein matched one of those in the From.

I'm still missing a suggestion for what we use when the Sender header field does not match any of the addresses in the From. Do we then revert to First Author? All Authors?

-Jim