[ietf-dkim] Proposed issues addressed by SSP-03 for closure

2008-03-01 08:33:07
I'd like to shorten the list of open issues, so I'll start with the
issues that I consider clearly moot in the ASP draft (-ssp-03) or that
are duplicates of other issues.  Hopefully these are non-controversial.

WG chairs, I'd like to ask that you direct the closure of the following
issues, subject to WG consensus, of course:

1399    clarify i= vs. SSP

Duplicate of 1519.

1402    Applicability of SSP to subdomains

Duplicate of 1534.

1512    ssp should not link "all" and third parties

SSP-03 does not have any linkage to third-party signatures

1525    Restriction to posting by first Author breaks email semantics

SSP-03 puts no special emphasis on the first Author Address

1529    Change "originator" to "author"

"originator" is not used any more.

1530    replace use of term "suspicious"

New draft does not use the term.

1531    "does not exist"

The wording has changed slightly from "does not exist" to "does not
exist in DNS", which I think answers this.

1532    revise list labeling

The referenced text isn't in the draft any more.

1533    strict vs. integrated

Neither term is used.

1535    Simplify SSP decision tree

It's a whole lot simpler now (and arguably, not even a "Decision tree"
but instead a "lookup tree")

1536    definition of action terms

Neither "reject" nor "bounce" appears in the draft any more.

1537    Reputation is out of scope or define it

The word "reputation" does not appear in the draft.

1538    review and repair of normative vocabulary usage

The use of normative vocabulary has changed so extensively that if
there's a problem now, it's should be a new issue.

1540    deprecate t=testing

t=testing is gone.