Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1550 - the name of the document (remains open *briefly*); there's still,disagreement on "Author"

2008-03-11 12:30:05
Dave Crocker wrote:

Michael Thomas wrote:
I'd be happy to change it back to ssp and ignore this churn altogether.

I wouldn't.  More importantly, I believe the working group achieved
consensus on the current name.

Remember: each name change == interoperability stopper.

I'd be quite interested in seeing your logic-chain to justify that
assertion, for names on a draft document.

It doesn't take much of a logic chain: the label first was _policy. Then
it was _ssp. Now it's _asp. Tomorrow it might be _frodo. Next day
something else. Each time you change it, implementations break in a
showstopper way.

                Mike