Re: [ietf-dkim] Practices protocol naming poll (Closing issue 1550)

2008-03-20 10:47:05
I object to FroDo as a potential and unnecessary trademark issue with
parties that have a history of litigation and indeed are currently in
litigation between themselves.

You may be confusing trademark and copyright.

A quick search at the USPTO shows trademark registrations for FRODO
for alcoholic beverages, snacks (pizza in particular), key chains, and
action figures.  I see no trademarks related to computers.

There are trademarks on SSP for fire extinguishers, offshore floating
platforms, sports equipment, lubricating oils, air filters, insurance
claims software, web based online insurance claim processing, medical
needles, shaft pulleys, contract food services and food service
management, marine propulsion motors, computer chips with embedded
software for secure data transmission over a global computer network,
gold jewelry, steam engineering services, specialized motors,
packaging foam, battery chargers, and pipe fittings.

There is only one trademark on ADSP for radio transceivers.

I would consider staying away from SSP due to that trademark on data
transmission security chips, but it's hard to see how it would be an
issue for FRODO or ADSP.

R's,
John