[ietf-dkim] New Issue: The term identity in the overview

2008-03-26 14:43:00

(As a participant only again)

The use of the term "identity" throughout is somewhat confusing.  I
don't have a simple change to suggest. As an example, the start of
section 2 says: "Given the presence of that identifier, a receiver can
make decisions about further handling of the message, based upon
assessments of the identity that is associated with the identifier."
I find that hard to understand and could imagine it being very confusing
to general readers.

My suggestion would just be to ask the editors to give it a pass
where they check that the various uses of this and related terms
are ok and clear. As far as I'm concerned this issue can be closed
as soon as they say "yes, we did that"

S.