Re: [ietf-dkim] A funny thing happened at RSA...

2008-04-11 12:44:04
In some of my talks, I sometimes refer to DKIM as "DomainKeys Version
2". This gets people thinking in the right frame of mind as to their
relationship.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't done yet.

The main reason I wanted to share this with the working group is to point
out that we got some confused people at RSA asking us why we're going with
DKIM and not DomainKeys in light of the content of this paper.

I wonder if it would be prudent to (somehow) make a statement clarifying
that the experiment therein described was begun before RFC4871 was issued,
and thus before DKIM enjoyed any kind of real deployment.  Or something
like that.  Ideally that would come from PayPal but I don't know that we
have any direct participation from them here.