Re: [ietf-dkim] A funny thing happened at RSA...

2008-04-11 14:59:30
On 4/11/08 2:05 PM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> scribbled:

Jim Fenton wrote:
He said that Yahoo! had blocked 50 million messages allegedly from
paypal.com as a result of the lack of a signature.

Can Yahoo! or Paypal comment on whether the protection is for specific, names
or
whether it is by sub-tree?

I guess that might mean me.  I was not involved in the negotiations of the
agreement, but it is my understanding that it is for specific names.

Now, I believe that includes *.paypal.com
After that it gets ugly with international domains being handled
individually, but generally being *.paypal.whatever

It might be limited to some value for the splat, the reports we get show
a small number of matches.

(The same holds true for eBay as well as some of the other companies that
eBay, Inc controlls).

How does Yahoo! know the list of domain names to treat as belonging to paypal?

We talked, and agreed.

With respect to sub-trees is that written into the bilateral agreement or is
there a way of signaling it?

There are no technical solutions.  I.e., ADSP was not implemented in some
secret way.  We handle that going forward by communication (i.e.
backchannel)

-Jot "not official company spokesman" Powers
--
Jot Powers             <jpowers(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com>
Phone: 480-862-7234    Cell: 480-221-1157