Re: [ietf-dkim] A funny thing happened at RSA...

2008-04-11 13:14:21

Tony Hansen wrote:
In some of my talks, I sometimes refer to DKIM as "DomainKeys Version
2". This gets people thinking in the right frame of mind as to their
relationship.

Not only are you correct, but strictly speaking, RFC 4871 documents DomainKeys,
version *4*.

The current version of DomainKeys is version 2.  The private industry effort
that created DKIM was, therefore, version 3.

So the IETF published version represents the 4th round of specification and
deployment.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker