Re: [ietf-dkim] Discussion of Consensus check: Domain Existence Check

2008-06-09 18:09:00
John Levine wrote:

change the SHOULD [check MX & A/AAAA] to a MAY. With
that change, I'm happy with the text John proposes.

OK by me.

Hm, it is a border case, why not just say "MUST either
check [2821bis] or as minimal approximation [nxdomain]".

If you really like MAY better I think "MAY instead" is
clearer than only "MUST [nxdomain], and MAY [2821bis]".

If 2821bis is only a MAY you can't rename the result to
"nomailfqdn", it has to stay as is (= "nxdomain"), and
we can close that part of #1579, "not more applicable".

 Frank