Re: [ietf-dkim] Discussion of Consensus check: Domain Existence Check

2008-06-09 22:47:39
Scott Kitterman wrote:

punt on that and just say the ADSP only applies to domains
that exist.  I think we perhaps we can leave how to determine
this as an implementation detail.  The last 1% of
agreement/interoperability isn't worth it.

It's an idea, but somebody here confused NODATA and NXDOMAIN,
and folks supporting John's draft wanted 2821bis tests, e.g.,
Tony.  That was about the time when I checked how a document
vetted by hundreds of contributors in more than two years
with dozens of implementations adopted by millions of domains
solves this, and it says "rcode 3" with a normative RFC 1035
reference... :-)

 Frank