Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-08 19:46:32
On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Steve Atkins
<steve(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com> wrote:

I suggest we remove some of the features that
complicate deployment and/or add no value, and
I think a -bis draft is  a reasonable point in the process
to do so.

Trimming the fat would be one way to go, yes. And after that I'd
suggest devoting some energy to an implementation white paper, and
possibly another interoperability workshop to make sure various
implementations are completely up to spec with -bis.

To clarify my comment upthread .. move to a draft standard if you
absolutely need it as a draft standard,  But as John Levine pointed
out .. 'i wouldnt bother'.

In practice, I'll take a sufficiently mature -bis, especially when
there is running code implementing it, and it is interoperable with
other implementations.

--srs