Re: [ietf-dkim] General Feedback loop using DKIM

2009-05-27 12:09:51
Perhaps I am confused as to the perceived complexity of an FBL
ISP needs an address of
thisisSpam(_at_)isp(_dot_)com<mailto:thisisSpam(_at_)isp(_dot_)com>
user aligns the ThisISSpam setting in the MUA to the above address
ISP scans the purported sender header and forwards message to
abuse(_at_)otherISP(_dot_)com<mailto:abuse(_at_)otherISP(_dot_)com>
which can either work or round file the item

________________________________
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Franck Martin
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:23 PM
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] General Feedback loop using DKIM

list-unsubscribe: header is a free field and often contains a url rather than
an email address:

        <mailto:ietf-dkim-request(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org?subject=unsubscribe>

This could be a candidate, but would need may be some more specifics and
codified in an RFC. I'm not sure it is today. I cannot recall exactly to have
seen it codified in any RFC.

Only very large ISPs are offering FBL programs, and often they sub-contract the
program to a third party. Could technology make it simpler for smaller ISPs and
organisations with a non trivial amount of mailboxes?