Re: [ietf-dkim] Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-26 03:19:37
On 26/Apr/10 03:14, John Levine wrote:
I'm willing to accept a signature with l= so long as it covers the entire
message.  I agree that partial coverage is not practically distinguished from
no coverage.

I note you refer to /current/ --rather than possible or commendable--
practice: l=0 certifies "From:" across multiple hops, while attempts
to also certify MIME prologues may result in broken signatures. IMHO,
it is broken signatures that are not _practically_ distinguishable
from no coverage.