Re: [ietf-dkim] forward to friend, was besides mailing lists...

2010-05-03 20:52:24
F2F was created in a kinder, gentler time, when address spoofing
wasn't nearly as much of a problem as it is now.  The fact that F2F
hasn't evolved to avoid spoofing users' addresses is a problem that
is only made more tangible by email authentication.

I have to agree with Mike (alert the media!) that this seems to be a
solution looking for a problem.  There are F2F systems all over the
net, and the amount of spam or hostile spoofage we get from them is
trivial.

It might be worth noting that a well-run F2F system can put its own
signature on the mail, regardless of which of the many possible
approaches it uses to set up the To:, From:, Reply-To:, and other
visible headers.

R's,
John