Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-24 16:19:37
Roland Turner wrote:

Surely the stance of a dkim=discardable sender is that it is absolutely
OK to discard affected messages if there is any reason at all for doubt
and that, therefore, "non-participant" MLMs aren't, actually, breaking
anything.

There's some risk that what a list thinks might be unrecoverable is not.
I guess I don't see it as being especially valuable to do anything heroic
in the middle of the mail path (= forwarders) rather than letting it be
done end to end (where end=delivery domain). The amount of traffic here
is tiny, and asking MLM's to do just about anything is in reality asking
for very fragmented adoption. So what's the use?

Getting MLM's to resign actually does something useful because you can
attach its reputation to the message. But adoption will be spotty for years
to come even if it's in their advantage.

Mike