Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-24 16:35:14

On May 24, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Steve Atkins
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 1:42 PM
To: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

Not at all.  If we can agree that lists should reject discardable
mail
out of self defense, that's a good point to add to the BCP.

+1

Refusing signups from those domains is probably a bit extreme, though.

What about a warning at signup time if a "discardable" ADSP record is found
for the registrant's domain?

Seems like a reasonable UX design to me but probably
more a choice for the developer than a BCP, I think.

(I think that refusing signups from ADSP using domains
may also be a reasonable choice for the developer or list
admin in some cases. But not something to put in a BCP.)

Cheers,
  Steve