Re: [ietf-dkim] more on discardable, was Lists "BCP" draft

2010-05-24 20:52:34

  This is doubly
true since the ADSP RFC rather specifically says that you shouldn't
mark a domain discardable if its users send mail to lists.

Only if you care about the mail being delivered. I think that if we do this
BCP, we should give some advice about what, say, a company like, oh say, paypal
ought to do consider if they want to set adsp discardable. Like:

   1) make people who want to contribute to lists on a the corpro accounts get
      a gmail account
   2) create new external/non-discardable accounts in a subdomain for that tiny
      fraction of the population that needs to post to lists from a corpro
account
   3) etc.

Since this is a bcp, it doesn't have to be generalizable to every conceivable
setup; it's just advice for the common cases, which corpro and isp mail
certainly
are.

Mike