Re: [ietf-dkim] more on discardable, was Lists "BCP" draft

2010-05-25 12:43:13
On May 24, 2010, at 7:55 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:

On May 24, 2010, at 6:38 PM, John Levine wrote:

Refusing signups from those domains is probably a bit extreme, though.

What about a warning at signup time if a "discardable" ADSP record is
found for the registrant's domain?

That doesn't help.  In the IETF's scenario, domain A sent mail which
was marked discardable to the list, and recipients at domain B were
rejecting it and the people at B got bounced off the list.  I'd have
to squint awfully hard to come up with an argument that it is wrong to
reject unsigned discardable mail at SMTP time.

I think that Murray was suggesting that in addition to rejecting all
mail from domain A it would be polite to also warn anyone from
domain A who subscribes to the list that their mail would be
rejected (which seems good UX design to me).

Yup, I think this would be an appropriate addition to the BCP document.

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk(_at_)returnpath(_dot_)net>
Return Path Inc