Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-05-27 14:49:10
On May 26, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:

I'm pretty sure that ADSP as-is is a bad tool to solve any particular problem.
But given it's not being proposed to solve any concrete problem, it's
hard to discuss whether there's a better solution.

Are you deliberately ignoring the data I provided... at your request for data?

The original argument was that it would help deal with phishing, but
now even the strongest proponents are happy to explain that it will do
absolutely nothing to help with phishing

I'm sorry, I'm not only arguing that it absolutely DOES help with phishing,
I've provided real data (vs. theory).

Steve, I saw you give a presentation in February and I was very impressed by
both your technical knowledge and your overall common sense.  I consider you
both intelligent and wise.  But I cannot explain the position you've taken on
the ADSP issue on this mail list.

What other solutions on top of DKIM would you like to see the Internet adopt
instead of ADSP... something open, interoperable, and royalty-free I hope!