Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-05-28 17:08:02
Dave CROCKER wrote:
On 5/28/2010 12:07 PM, Jeff Macdonald wrote:

But I'd like to see if I understand the difference your are trying to
highlight between a manually maintained list and a self published
list.

There is a key semantic difference which, I believe, makes for a key
difference
in utility.

In a manually maintained list, there is an independent assessment of what
domain
names are worth worrying about.  (The independence is from the owner of the
domain.  The assessment might be by a third part or it might be by the
recipient.)

Before going forward talking about 'manually maintained lists' can
someone define what that is? What exactly are we talking about, how does
it operate, by whom, involved parties etc.?

/rolf