Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists annex MUA considerations

2010-08-18 01:15:24
Daniel Black wrote:
On Tuesday 17 August 2010 01:18:52 Hector Santos wrote:

I think which keeps getting in the way here in molding ideas is that
much of it is based on online MUA access which does not always match
Offline MUA access,

I was going on a desireable assumption that a verifier would add a
Authenticated-Results header field and online/offline MUAs could
depend on this if it falls within the right domain or its domain
is accepted by a user.

Right. it would be for offline devices. Online rendering can handle this.

I can see one offline MUA feature that could be part of the mail
account settings:

     [_] Trust the A-R header for mail picked up from this domain.

Or it do it as a domain while list file listing managing by the user.
It would be the opposite of the Fire Icon Thunderbird has to mark
message as JUNK.    This "A-R" button would add the validated domain
to the whitelist.

The main point Dave and Levin were making is that it wouldn't be
possible to equally apply to all offline MUA, unless using the method
I suggested of writing this trust information in the top of the body.

The 2nd main point is that the trust conclusion should not be
automated without some form of user action, like with the per mail
account checkbox setting to trust the A-R header for this mail pickup
site.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com