Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists annex MUA considerations

2010-08-19 15:32:05
Ian Eiloart wrote:

I guess it would be nice if list servers could use OAuth to authenticate my
subscription requests against my mail infrastructure, and then my servers
would recognise and record the request. Then it could treat messages from
the list with a higher trust level, and -for example- file them accordingly.

Interesting.

Would this be similar or nearly have the same functionally by using an
alias email address? for example:

     iane-dkim(_at_)sussex(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk

Once you have that targeted address, you can apply all sorts of rules
at your receiver.

But I can see your derivative of your idea work as a way to automate
the process.

Use a redirection method by wrapping all the subscription parameters
(for any list system) and send it to a (web) service on your system
which activates a backend process to add the "list" info or new alias
into your system records and finishes with the actual subscription
email request.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com