Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposed changes to MLM draft

2010-08-30 13:46:37

On 8/30/2010 11:03 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
I’d like some help tackling the next version of the MLM draft.  People seem to
have varying ideas about what should be removed and perhaps appear in other
documents now. I need some consensus on a direction in which to proceed.

So can I please get some +1s/-1s on each of the following:

(1) Split the document into three documents: A DKIM MLM BCP that discusses
signing and verifying in the context of MLMs with no value-add items
addressed,
a DKIM MLM Informational that discusses possible value-add enhancements to
MLMs
in the DKIM world, and a non-WG BCP about mailing lists irrespective of DKIM
(Dave’s proposal);

+1

I'd suggest that the second item actually be a normative specification of
value-added features.  This requires a change to the charter, and so it would
have to wait until completing the current charter.

If you advocate for a general MLM BCP, this will be a non-WG document (it’s
outside of our charter) so I’d love to get some MLM operators and developers
involved. (Maybe this should take place on ietf-822 or maybe on a new non-WG
list; suggestions welcome.) Expressions of interest in that work would be
appreciated. I’ll approach the APPS ADs about a venue.

+1

d/
--

   Dave Crocker