Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposed changes to MLM draft

2010-08-30 15:19:02

On 8/30/2010 1:10 PM, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
I'd suggest that the second item actually be a normative specification of
value-added features. This requires a change to the charter, and so it would
have to wait until completing the current charter.

can you elaborate on what, in your view, would be part of this normative
specification?

merely as an example, I'll cite the usage of DKIM for subscription and
submission validation that has been mentioned a few times.  Formally, using
DKIM
that way is almost certainly a value-added semantic that goes beyond the
semantics of the DKIM signing specification.  That's ok to do, but requires a
normative spec to define the behavior and meaning.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking