Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-13 16:34:31
  On 9/13/10 1:03 PM, McDowell, Brett wrote:
The ADSP=discardable deployer is not conveying apathy regarding the
deliverability of their mail, quite the opposite IMO.  They are saying (to
paraphrase) "please attempt to verify the DKIM signature on this message
against the key record in our DNS for this domain/subdomain, and if you
cannot verify the signature then please discard the message as a means of
protecting your subscriber from phishing attacks, otherwise please deliver
the message and do so knowing we put this much effort into ensuring the
goodness of the mail before we sent it"
For MLMs making modifications that invalidate DKIM signatures, posting
should be blocked for domains making an ADSP dkim=discardable
assertion.  Such an assertion might cause other subscribers to refuse
messages from an Author Domain with the discardable assertion and cause
delivery and message queuing to be problematic.  Otherwise, those
refusing these messages run a risk of being unsubscribed.

-Doug