Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-28 12:21:08

On 9/13/2010 7:19 AM, MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:
If a domain publishing ADSP discardable has not gotten control of their
mailstreams then all I can say is "Darwin was right".

I agree with you completely.

The problem is that customers of a receiving ISP often do /not/ agree with you.

When their ISP discards mail the customer wanted, the explanation "well, it's
what the author told me to do" typically does not work.  And since the
customer's contact is with the receiving ISP, it is the receiving ISP that must
alter their activity.  Since discarding got them in trouble, they will, at
best,
start discarding much more selectively. "Selectively" means using information
beyond ADSP.

Given sufficient selectivity, the mechanism that defines "selective" will
contain enough information to make ADSP redundant.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking