Re: [ietf-dkim] Work group future

2011-04-01 13:10:41
On 28/Mar/11 15:34, Barry Leiba wrote:
Consensus in room and jabber is to close.  Will confirm on the mailing list.

I think it can be immensely useful if the list plainly says /why/ the
WG closes.  As Rolf noted, DKIM is not (yet) a well refined protocol
that any of us would recommend his grandma to make use of.

I understand that such meta-standardization explanations are not
IETF's core business, but there seems to be a recurring pattern of
prematurely shut down WGs, for subjects related to spam.  My guess is
that the paramount impact that spam has rouses too many people, so
that WGs become overpopulated, discussions difficult, and people
nervous.  Is it so?

In order to learn from our experience, we have to give an explicit
account of it.