Re: [ietf-dkim] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-06.txt // Input requirements

2011-04-25 08:24:09
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011, Hector Santos wrote:
So presuming there is a discovery method lets say for ISP/ESP domains
with ADSP Checking Support, gmail.com users will have a bank surcharge
and hotmail.com will not?

If Hotmail always respects dkim=discardable and Gmail ignores it, then
yes.

It will depend on what authorized signer (SDID) the bank will select.
This paragraph was a little too jargon thick for me to process fully.

However, I suspect you're getting at the fact that, if it had to be
written today, such a certification standard would be hamstrung by the
fact that ADSP sucks.

All it could do is make dkim=discardable *binding*.  Since a bank that
wants the freedom to have their employees speak ex-cathedra on ordinary
mailing lists cannot use discardable, they would not be able to take
advantage of the phishing protection.

Obviously then, writing an improved ADSP-alike protocol is higher
priority than writing the certification standard.

---- Michael Deutschmann <michael(_at_)talamasca(_dot_)ocis(_dot_)net>