Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-01 10:03:43
Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 4/30/2011 9:10 PM, Hector Santos wrote:
So perhaps to help shut down this ambiguity we should add a DKIM
terminology to clearly separate it from AUID.

    3.x  Originating Domain Identity (ODID)

    The ODID is the domain part of the From: address.  This identity
    MAY be considered as an output communicated to an advanced
    Identity Assessor module.

Oh heck, let's just declare that the DKIM Signing module MAY output anything
it
wants.

That's what 4871 did. Manifestly it worked just fine. We had a tremendous number
of interoperable implementations. The procrustean insistence that there be a
single "output" has not helped interoperability one iota.

Mike