Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-01 23:26:30
Dave CROCKER wrote:
On 5/1/2011 6:36 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
I've lost track of how many times and how many different ways it's been
explained that nothing is being hidden.

+1

Good.  So there should not be a problem *not* hiding an explicit
identity definition required to complete the DKIM Service Architecture
in RFC5585:

   3.x  Originating Domain Identity (ODID)

    The ODID is the domain part of the From: address.  This identity
    MAY be considered as an output communicated to an advanced
    Identity Assessor module.

       INFORMATIVE IMPLEMENTATION NOTE:

       The ODID and SDID are inputs for the optional
       Checking Signing Practices component as described
       in the DKIM Service Architecture [RFC5585]

If something like this is not added or anything close to it, I don't
know any other way it can be described but an intentional neglect to
mention anything closely related to it.

I would like to ask the chairs if we can get Consensus Reevaluated.
 From the limited WG participants providing input, it appears we have
Rough Consensus for this identity to be included in RFC4871bis.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com