Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM and mailing lists

2011-05-11 16:36:58

Barry Leiba wrote:
Change that stupid section 2. background last paragraph to one tells
the "truth" and it is 100% compatibility with everyone needs,

It's unnecessary and unwelcome to call what other people
write "stupid".

I can see where calling it stupid is unwelcome.

It's also the case that while you think it doesn't "tell the truth",
it seems to me that everything in that paragraph is an accurate
assessment of what's in the DKIM base spec, and agrees with rough
consensus of the working group.

I don't agree, it is technically incorrect with false conclusions that
is unmatched anyway else and if that wasn't true than you won't need
any discussions regarding Author Domains for this document for that
matter.

After all, that was the original purpose of this MLM I-D effort when
many people had express concerns with the MLM/DKIM conflicts and lack
of respect for ADSP and me showing real examples for the
interoperability problem - it was only then that gave life to this
document.

Rough consensus in the group really doesn't match the many concerns
over the years with this issue and its unfortunate they aren't around
anymore to express their input.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com