Re: [ietf-dkim] Where is the formal definition of DKIM-Signature?

2018-02-08 09:44:08
On 2/8/2018 5:22 AM, John R. Levine wrote:
someone asked me about case sensitiveness of the header field name.  I looked
for an ABNF in RFC6376, but only found examples and informative notes.

Header field name rules are in RFC 5322. That deals with case sensitivity for field name strings. Section 1.2.2 provides the basis for knowing whether a defined string is to be parsed in a case sensitive or insensitive manner.

I was going to say that can't possibly be true, but it's true, there's no ABNF for the header.  So, for example, I don't know whether the v= field has to come first.  Send an erratum, we'll probably accept it as hold for update.

In RFC 6376, note Section 3.2 on tag lists. The ABNF shows no sensitivity to ordering. (The linkage to DKIM-Signature is Section 3.5, first paragraph.)

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking