Re: [ietf-dkim] versions, Where is the formal definition of DKIM-Signature?

2018-02-09 15:05:18
On 2/9/2018 12:26 PM, Mark Delany wrote:
On 08Feb18, Michael Thomas allegedly wrote:
I dunno, it's not like there isn't precedent for this. oh say, like ipv4
vs. ipv6?

Oh I dunno. The precedent of RFC822 - the very standard we rely on - has
survived numerous upgraded and enhancements over a 36 year period and managed to
do just fine without a version.

and SMTP...

I might add that RFC822 seems to have adapted a lot better than the v4 vs v6
crowd. Not sure you picked the best example of success there, Michael :-)

What's rather impressive is how aggressively the general Internet technically has worked to avoid learning any lessons from this disparity...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking