RE: What's in the charter

2004-09-23 18:25:41

From: John R Levine [mailto:johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:36 PM
To: Seth Goodman
Subject: RE: What's in the charter

The SES scheme uses a custom UDP service or DNS to do signature
verification.

I don't consider the unscalable UDP hack to be a serious proposal.  But
you already knew that.

R's,
John

I believe it does scale, as do numerous others, and it is as serious a
proposal as yours.  I see no reason why a single-purpose UDP service is a
hack, nor do the other people who have worked on this.  You are certainly
entitled to your opinion, but please stop sending me off-list insults unless
you want them posted.  I ignored the first few, but enough is enough.

--

Seth Goodman