plans for Washington

2004-09-23 08:28:30

Given the confusion in San Diego about the mission of this group --
and, frankly, given what's happening with MARID -- the ADs involved
have decided that we need another BoF in Washington to sort that out.
More specifically, we're going to hold a BoF whose sole purpose is to
produce a narrow, tightly focused charter.  To aid in that, we've asked
two experienced former ADs -- Jeff Schiller (Security) and John
Klensin (Applications) -- to chair the next meeting.  They're not
involved in the subject, and not in any particular camp; they do have
the expertise to narrow in on a single focus for this group.  We have
*not* asked either of them to chair any possible future working group;
this is a one-shot deal.

It's probably wise for the discussion on this list to concentrate on
the charter issue -- let's get as much done as possible before the
meeting.