RE: What's in the charter

2004-09-23 22:03:26

From: John R Levine [mailto:johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 8:52 PM
To: Seth Goodman
Subject: RE: What's in the charter

I don't consider the unscalable UDP hack to be a serious
proposal.  But you already knew that.

I believe it does scale, as do numerous others, and it is as serious a
proposal as yours.  I see no reason why a single-purpose UDP
service is a hack, nor do the other people who have worked on this.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but please stop sending me
off-list insults unless you want them posted.  I ignored the first few,
but enough is enough.

Sigh.  If you don't want to know what I think of your hack, you can easily
avoid that by not writing to me about it.  This must be about the tenth
time you've told me how wonderful it is.  No matter how many times you
repeat an arithmetically implausible argument, the numbers don't change.

R's,
John

I have sent you no personal communications of any kind.  I have made posts
to the list, some of which you were copied on as a result of hitting reply
to all.  Those were all public communications.  If you have something to say
about what we are proposing, please say it in public where it can be seen
and debated by everyone.  I don't think it is at all informative of helpful
to refer to other people's work as a hack.

--

Seth Goodman