Re: Anonymous signed mail

2004-10-06 08:05:36

Andrew Newton writes:

On Oct 6, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:

So for those of us who weren't around when Marid slogged
throgh this, can somebody give a short synopsis of the
deployment issues?

I think William's message does a pretty good job of explaining the
technical details.  But like everything in MARID, this was a slugfest.
However, the SPF community did a good job of showing that most SPF
records are short and therefore the theoretical problems would not
likely manifest themselves in reality.  I doubt the same arguments
could be made for key material... especially since the DNS community is
intimately familiar with those issues.

   Actually, the record I have for IIM is tiny. You don't
   have to put the key in the RR. In fact not putting the
   key in the RR makes it much more explicit that the service
   you're providing is an authorization service, not a key
   key distribution service.

                    Mike